Small Business Dream Big Award
This $1,500 small business award will be presented twice a year giving a small business a financial boost & support entrepreneurism in the Heart of the Valley! Small businesses have a considerable economic impact on our community, they create jobs, spark innovation and provide opportunities for many people, including women and minorities, to achieve financial success and independence.
TDS and the Heart of the Valley Chamber have partnered to create the Dream Big Award. Together, we’ll continue to support small businesses throughout our communities and highlight their achievements and contributions to our local economic growth.
How the Award Can Be Used
The award will support a small business owner with funding to invest in:
• New products or additional inventory
• Necessary equipment or office supplies
• New marketing strategies or services
• Leadership or skill specific training
• Payroll, rent, etc.
Helping Small Businesses Do Big Things
To be eligible to apply for the Fall round of the Small Business - Dream Big Award, an applicant must:
- Be a woman owned business primarily doing business in the Heart of the Valley/Fox Valley area.
- Be a for-profit business operating for at least one (1) year primarily within the Heart of Valley/Fox Valley area.
- Must be a current member of the Heart of the Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Agree to all of the award rules, including attending the awards presentation at Women You Should Know event on October 17.
- September 6 – Application Opens
- September 29 – Applications Due
- October 2 – Committee determines winner
- October 5-9 – Winner notified
- October 17 – Award presented at Women You Should Know
*Fall Award recipient will receive 2 tickets to Women You Should Know event on October 17th at the Grand Meridian in Appleton and the award will be presented at the event.
Award Rules & Details
We are excited to offer a $1,500 cash award designed to empower small businesses like yours by enhancing your product offerings, increasing your inventory, optimizing your workspace, or investing in essential skills and training. With this award, you get that little boost needed to elevate your business!
This new program will provide two business awards each year.
- The Fall Award cycle we will provide one local female business owner with a $1,500 award which will be presented in October at our Women You Should Know event.
- The Spring Award cycle will provide a $1,500 award & is open to all small businesses that are members of the HOTV Chamber.
- Grant funds cannot be used for debt consolidation or any debt service.
- The award winner will be responsible for all federal, state and local taxes that may be applicable.
- Must attend Women You Should Know on Oct. 17. 2 Tickets will be provided.
- Must provide a statement of what the grant was used for.
- Must submit a photo or headshot and business logo.
- Allow Heart of the Valley Chamber staff to conduct an interview to feature social media and newsletter.